9 Oct 2014

Unknown

Van Vicker Denies Contracting Ebola In Liberia

Charming Ghanaian actor, Van Vicker has
discredited reports that he has been diagnosed
with the deadly Ebola Virus Disease.
An entertainment online platform reported
Tuesday that the actor contracted the virus while
he was out in Monrovia, Liberia's capital shooting
the sequel to the movie ‘Bendu Sudan’.
Other reports on social media also suggested that
Vicker has been quarantined and denied access
back to Ghana.
But speaking on the Starr Drive, the 'Hands of
Time' actor said the reports are disheartening.
“It's annoying. I checked the website and just
couldn’t believe my eyes. Why would someone just
sit somewhere and just write what they want. Is
there nobody that regulates the activities of these
websites?” he asked. “I don’t get the story. It’s
just not right!”
According to him, he cancelled the Liberia trip last
month when he heard the news of the outbreak.
“I read the story, my intention was to go to Liberia
to shoot...but I didn’t go”
Vicker who is also of Liberian lineage revealed on
the show that he is working with the UN response
team based in Ghana to help the situation in his
home country.
“My heart does go out to all Liberians and I want
them to know I have not abandoned them. I am
doing all I can to help them in this time of crisis.”
More than 3,400 people have died in the current
Ebola outbreak in West Africa mostly.
In Liberia, the death toll is at least 1,100.
http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/
NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=329393

Unknown

About Unknown -

I've even gone so far as to verbalize it specifically, time is too precious to waste on trivial arguments and negativities. I'd rather get on to the more fun and rewarding stuff right away!

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...