19 Oct 2015

Unknown

Mourinho Reveals Why Chelsea Cannot Sack Him Even If He Finishes In Mid-Table

1285139-27695451-1600-900

The Chelsea manager, Jose Mourinho has insisted that the Stamford Bridge side cannot so away with his services even if the team ends in mid-table.
Speaking ahead of this afternoon’s clash against Aston Villa at the Bridge, Mourinho he remains the right man to turn the tide around for the Premier League defending champions.
Boastful Jose Mourinho says Chelsea cannot sack him.
According to Skysports, his remarks may not be unconnected to the first vote of confidence of Roman Abramovich’s 12-year ownership recently, where the team’s board declared maximum support for the coach.
On whether he would still be in charge if they finish in mid-table, the manager said: “Yes” and quickly added: “No. I was not told that because we don’t expect to finish mid-table.
He explained further: “It’s different for many reasons, since the moment I came back in 2013, when I had my first conversation with the owner and the board in 2013.
“Somebody will be out [of the top four]. Do I think it’s Chelsea? No.
“For me the important thing is the owner and the board’s message to myself.
“Before the statement came out, I was having the feedback from the owner and the board. So the statement was not something new for me. I met the owner before dinner so, when I went to dinner, I knew.
“But even before that, I knew what brought me here. I know the conversation we had two years ago. I know what made me sign a new contract, and the reasons why the owner and the board decided to give me a new contract.
“They didn’t have to. I had still two more years, so they didn’t have to give me a new contract. After a bad result – which is not the first bad result of the season, it’s one more bad result – obviously I was not happy, far from it. But I never thought about that (being sacked).”
Mourinho, who is known for his outspoken virtue, was recently slapped with a one-match stadium ban and a fine of £50,000 over comments he made against match officials in a recent match.

Unknown

About Unknown -

I've even gone so far as to verbalize it specifically, time is too precious to waste on trivial arguments and negativities. I'd rather get on to the more fun and rewarding stuff right away!

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...