1 Oct 2015

Unknown

Rapper Nas makes history at Harvard university...Becomes first Rapper to Receive Harvard's Highest Honor (PHOTOS)



The hip-hop icon has  become the first rapper to receive the W.E.B. Du Bois Medal, Harvard’s highest honor in the field of African and African American Studies. Looking dapper in a suit, he joined his fellow honorees including U.S. Attorney General Eric H. Holder, Jr. at Harvard’s Sanders 
Theatre on Wednesday.

During the ceremony, Nas posed with professors and students, and took the stage to share some empowering words.

“These are the things the kids need to see. The real things,” he said. “This is a light I want on me. I hope that I can be a great role model for those kids…you can be more than the typical image of rap.”





Unknown

About Unknown -

I've even gone so far as to verbalize it specifically, time is too precious to waste on trivial arguments and negativities. I'd rather get on to the more fun and rewarding stuff right away!

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...