12 Oct 2013

Unknown

D' bang : 'I'd love to have Genevieve as my wife' - in new interview

He granted an interview to reporters on
Wednesday which was published in Punch today
where he talked about his career and his
relationship with Genevieve. And guys, please
stop all this 'it's just a publicity stunt' It wasn't.
They didn't just date, they were madly in love.
Read the interview below.
Singer, Dapo Oyebanji, aka D’banj, finally
opened up on his love life in a rare meeting with
journalists in Lagos on Wednesday.
The self-styled Kokomaster was clearly in his
elements as he talked at length, amid occasional
bouts of laughter, about his career and other
issues that were important to him. One of the
subjects was about his rumoured relationship
with Nollywood actress, Genevieve Nnaji.
Judging by the manner in which the actress’
name kept popping off his lips, it was obvious
that D’banj had a very soft spot for her.
Aware that the grapevine had bristled with the
rumour that he was romantically involved with
Genevieve, ever since she appeared in the 2010
video of his hit song, ‘Fall in Love’, the singer
said the actress had played a role in his success.
“Apart from the fact that she is my friend, she
has been a part of my success. There is no way
you are going to tell my story that Genevieve’s
name will not come up because she featured in
my biggest song of all time, Fall in Love. So if E
True Story comes to Nigeria to interview me, she
will definitely be called upon to tell my story,” he
said.
As if to confirm that there was more to his
relationship with the actress than he had always
admitted, D’banj added,
“I would love to have Genevieve as my wife. We
never can tell what God plans for us in the
future. I have studied her and I realised that
anyone that has her as his woman has found
himself a treasure. Just like the Bible says, any
man who finds a wife, finds a good thing.”
On remaining relevant, he said:
“So much has happened in the last 18 months
and I am very thankful to God. By the Grace of
God, I have remained relevant for nearly a
decade in the music industry and I have released
hit songs every year. Also, I am glad that I have
been chosen to headline the Hennessy Artistry
this year. This is one brand that understands the
importance of aligning with the entertainment
industry.
“My career is barely 10 years old. But with the
success I have achieved so far, it feels like three
decades already. Within my first 10 years as a
musician, I have recorded the biggest song and
shot the most viewed music video of all time,
‘Oliver Twist’. I must say I am humbled and
getting ready to take over,” he said.
Without mincing words, D’banj noted that the
history of his career and the resulting
accomplishments will be incomplete without
mentioning his humble beginning with the
defunct Mo’Hits Records. The mere mention of
his erstwhile colleagues, including Don Jazzy,
seemed to awaken nostalgic feelings in him.
“If I say I don’t miss Don Jazzy, I am lying. I
have spent the better part of my career with
him. I was married to him in a way (laughs). So
I miss everything about Mo’Hits: the family, the
movement, and the vibe of being in the studio
with him. I miss the jokes and the arguments,
but I have since keyed into the notion that
nothing can stop a moving train.
“Nevertheless we can always do music together.
The track, ‘Top of the World’ was produced by a
Grammy Award Winner. The songs ‘Finally’ and
‘Don’t Tell Me Nonsense’ was produced by my
producer while ‘Oliver Twist’ was produced by
Don Jazzy. So, why won’t I have him on my 10
years anniversary album?
“I have never said I am a musician; I am an
entertainer. Some people say I can pick up a
microphone and become a comedian. Therefore
nobody should come and ask if I want to go into
acting because they should know I am already
an actor. It depends on when the right script
and concept lands in my hands.
“For now, I am concerned about achieving new
things and breaking new grounds. By the time I
enter Hollywood, I believe that I’ll become as
successful as I have been as a singer. The movie
titled ‘I am Banga Lee’, starring Genevieve, to be
released in 2014, won’t be a bad idea,” He said.

Unknown

About Unknown -

I've even gone so far as to verbalize it specifically, time is too precious to waste on trivial arguments and negativities. I'd rather get on to the more fun and rewarding stuff right away!

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...