25 Nov 2015

Unknown

Payment Of N5,000 Allowance To Unemployed Youths Unrealistic – Lawmaker



A member of the House of Representatives, Hon. Sergius Ogun (PDP, Edo) has described as unrealistic, the campaign promise of the sum of N5,000 to unemployed youths by the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), saying that the plan would not be realisable going by the current economic situation of the country.
Speaking with journalists in Abuja at the weekend, the lawmaker advised that if the Federal Government possesses such funds to pay unemployed graduates, it should rather be channelled to agriculture to create more jobs.
“When I multiplied 25 million people, unemployed young people by N5,000, the money ran into billions and I was asking myself that if we don’t have enough money to fund our budget, so where are we going to get money to fund it (N5,000 promise).
“Are we trying to imitate Europe or even the western world? They have a system in Europe to check fraudsters and I am sorry to say this, the people that destroyed the system in Europe are Nigerians, people from the third world,” Ogun said.
According to him, there are other policies the Federal Government can implement to tackle unemployment in the country rather than promising the sum of N5,000 allowance to unemployed youths as a for of social security.
“So, I don’t think it is a policy that we should pursue, I don’t think we can afford it and even if I can see the beginning, I don’t see the termination date. But I do wish the government well,” he added.
When asked to comment on the controversy surrounding the implementation of the Treasury Single Account (TSA), he said: “The TSA was a laudable attempt to curb leakages and as enshrined in the 1999 Constitution as amended, Section 162 says that clearly that all funds must go to the Federation Account.”

Unknown

About Unknown -

I've even gone so far as to verbalize it specifically, time is too precious to waste on trivial arguments and negativities. I'd rather get on to the more fun and rewarding stuff right away!

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...